Sweeny's Men • The Tracks of Sweeney
- The Tracks of Sweeney
- 1969 - Transatlantic TRA 200 LP (UK)
- Side One
- Dreams for Me (Terry Woods)
- The Pipe on the Hob
- Brain Jam (Terry Woods)
- Pretty Polly
- Standing on the Shore
- Side Two
- A Mistake No Doubt (Henry McCullough, Terry Woods, Johnny Moynihan)
- Go By Brooks (Cohen, Terry Woods)
- When You Don't Care (Terry Woods)
- Afterthoughts (Terry Woods)
- Hiram Hubbard
- Hall of Mirrors (Henry McCullough, Terry Woods, Johnny Moynihan)
- Johnny Moynihan: Vocals, Bouzouki, Tin Whistle
- Terry Woods: Vocals, 6-String And 12-String Guitars, 5-String Banjo, Concertina.
- Recorded and Produced at Livingstone Studios, Barnet by Bill Leader
- Engineer: Nic Kinsey
- Tracks: Trad., Arr. by Terry Woods & Johnny Moynihan, unless otherwise noted.
- Information on this release comes from outside sources.
The Tracks of Sweeney can be seen clearly emerging from Flann O'Brien land and making for O'Donoghue's Bar in Dublin. Sometimes there are three sets of tracks, sometimes two. From O'Donoghue's the tracks move briskly to the top of the Irish charts and then across to the Transatlantic offices in London.
The Tracks of Sweeney lead to the door of those who, applauding the breakdown of musical pigeon holes, appreciate the subtle blendings of styles … The distinctive tracks made by Johnny Moynihan and Terry Woods can make their way in at your ear and on to your mind.
Sweeney's Men are Terry Woods & Johnny Moynihan.