The Makem & Clancy Concert (1992) • Makem & Clancy
- The Makem & Clancy Concert
- 1992 -Shanachie 52003 CD (USA)
- Rambles Of Spring (Tommy Makem)
- In The Town Of Ballybay (Tommy Makem)
- The Dutchman (Michael Peter Smith)
- The Mermaid (Trad. Arr. Adpt. Makem, Clancy)
- Botany Bay (Trad. Arr. Adpt. Makem, Clancy)
- Mary Mack (Trad. Arr. Adpt. Tommy Makem)
- And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda (Eric Bogle)
- O'Donnell Abu (Trad. Arr. Adpt. Makem, Clancy)
- Ar Éirinn Ní Neosfainn Cé Hí (Trad. Arr. Adpt. Liam Clancy)
- My Father Loves Nikita Khrushchev (Colm Gallagher)
- Sound The Pibroch (Trad. Arr. Adpt. Makem, Clancy)
- The Cobbler (Trad. Arr. Adpt. Tommy Makem)
- The 200 Year Old Alcoholic (Liam Clancy)
- The Rocky Road To Dublin (Trad. Arr. Adpt. Makem, Clancy)
- Leave Her Johnny (Trad. Arr. Makem, Clancy, Adpt. Louis Killen)
- Included also:
- A Poem by Baudelaire
- Have I A Wife, author unknown
- The Planter's Wife by Austin Clarke
- Archie Fisher: Guitar & Acoustic Bass Guitar
- Allan Barty: Fiddle & Mandolin
- Lucy Fisher: Viola & Baroque Fiddle
- Christina Cowan: Flute
- Producer: Archie Fisher
- Engineers: Neil Ross, Roy Ashby, Sandie Wilkie, Douglas Bogie
- Sleeve Design: Martin Kelleher
- Recorded at Gaiety Theatre, Dublin, between 25th July and 30th July, 1977, by Radio Edinburgh Studios, Ltd.
- Digital Mastering: Robert Vosgien, CMS Digital, California
- Other releases include …
- The Makem & Clancy Concert (1977) [LP]
- The vinyl release has a different track order, and includes 1 additional track: "Peter Kagan And The Wind"
It would be utterly impossible to capture all the excitement, colour, smell and exhilarating aura of our concert tour in Ireland in the Summer of 1977, but we have tried to re-experience some of the high spots of the concert with this recording.
In the beginning, this was to have been a single L.P. record, but on giving it a little thought, we decided that it would be necessary to have two discs in order to convey the overall feeling of a concert performance.
As with our live concerts, we have tried to include as varied a programme as possible, so you will find some old songs like "O'Donnell Abu" and "The Cobbler"; songs like "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda", which is such an integral part of this concert programme that it just had to be included on the album, and new songs tike "The 200 Year Old Alcoholic" and "The Rambles of Spring". You will also find some poetry and the beautiful drama-song, "Peter Kagan and the Wind".
We hope you'll find something to your liking and perhaps even be able to savour some of the atmosphere and excitement which we experienced during our Irish concert tour in July 1977.
Wishing you good listening.