Danny Doyle: Danny Doyle Collection - Volume 3
- Danny Doyle Collection - Volume 3
- 1985 - Stoney Pockets STLP 003 LP
- Side One
- Ramblin' Rover  
- Leaving Nancy (Eric Bogle) 
- Jimmy Spoons 
- Deportees (Plane Crash at Los Gatos) 
- The Day of the Clipper  
- Gentle Annie 
- Easy And Slow 
- Side Two
- Nora Lee 
- Finnegan, Are You Really Dead? 
- Bells Of The Morning 
- Soldier Boys Awa'  
- Ben Bolt  
- Lizzie Lindsay  
- The German Clockwinder 
Since Danny Doyle's "Step It Out, Mary" and "Whiskey on a Sunday" first topped the irish charts almost two decades ago. the Dublin folksinger has been one of Ireland's, foremost solo balladeers. he has had a score of hits since 1967, among them "The Mucky Kid," "Green Hills of Kerry," "Ben Bolt," "Lizzie Lindsay," "The Rare Oul' Times" and more. If Danny's reception by the critics worldwide has been unusually warm, it is no wonder. he is a splendid musician whose accomplishments on the guitar are overshadowed only by his marvelous voice and charming stage manner.
The Irish, whose ballad tradition began in the dim mists of pre-history, have thrust this bearded Dubliner forward as the best modern representative of that long tradition. listen and hear why
- Related Releases
- This is a compilation of new and previously released tracks …
- These tracks are previously unreleased
- "Ramblin' Rover"
- "The Day of the Clipper"
- "Gentle Annie"
- "Easy And Slow"
- "Finnegan, Are You Really Dead?"
- "Soldier Boys Awa'"
- "Lizzie Lindsay"
- from Born a Ramblin' Man: 1976 - Solo 7009 LP
- from (Presenting) Danny Doyle: 1977 - Galaxy GAL-6014 LP
- from Irish Startime: 1979 - IST 4453 LP
- from The Highwayman: 1981 - Granuaile GRLP 001 LP
- Born a Ramblin' Man is missing from my collection.
Therefore, tracks listed as from this albums, may not be.
- "Lizzie Lindsay" also appears on Danny's first LP,
Expressions of …, but this is a different version.
- These tracks do not appear on any other Danny Doyle releases.