The Bards: Classic Irish Ballads
- Side One
- Cliffs of Dooneen
- The Fields of Athenry
- Whiskey In The Jar
- Green Fields of France
- Follow Me Up To Carlow
- The Curragh of Kildare
- Side Two
- Spancil Hill
- Down By The Sally Gardens
- The Ferryman
- Waltzing Matilda
- Nancy Spain
- The Bards
- Diarmuid O'Leary: Lead Vocals and Guitar
- Christy Sheridan: Mandolin and Banjo
- Ann O'Connor: Lead Vocals 
- Smithy: Bass and Vocals
- Fran Curry: Piano, Synthesizer and Accordion 
- Des Moore: Guitars
- Davey Spillane: Pipes and Flute
- Produced by The Bards and Andrew Boland
- Engineer: Andrew Boland
- Tape Op: Brona Walshe
- Recorded at Lansdowne Studios Dublin
- Mixed at Lansdowne and Westland Studios, Dublin
- Sleeve Front Photography: Peter Zoeller
- © 1986, Tara Records Ltd.
- Tara Records Ltd., 4 Anne's Lane, Dublin 2, Ireland
"Diarmuid O'Leary & The Bards" with several hit records to their credit, are firmly established among the top entertainers
in Ireland today. This, their fifth album is a collection of classic Irish ballads which are known and loved not only in Ireland but in
many parts of the world.
- Related release
- Classic Irish Ballads: 1994 - TARACD 3018 CD
- This 1994 CD reissue includes with four extra tracks:
- "Come Back Paddy Reilly"
- "Bunch Of Thyme"
- "Dublin In The Rare Auld Times"
- "Isle of Innisfree"
- In addition, Ann O'Connor is not credited at all on the expanded CD release.